CSS Basics: Web Typography
A web designer once famously claimed that "the web is 95% typography." We don't have to debate the exact math of that statement; its main point is true. You can't design & build websites without handling text well.
Just look at browser default stylesheets. They don't provide layout, animation, or decoration: just basic typography.
In this talk, we'll get comfortable with web typography.
• learn the CSS properties that control typography
• understand how responsive design affects typography
• survey some tools that make it easier to manage typography
We're a monthly meetup for front-end developers in Denver & its suburbs! Come learn about:
• HTML: accessibility, semantic markup
• CSS: new techniques, tools like PostCSS & Sass
• JS: vanilla JS, browser APIs, not frameworks
• Design: UX, UI, pattern libraries, animation
• Performance: image optimization, SVG, refactoring