Steal JS Workshop
In this hands-on training, we will learn how to build a multi-page, progressively loaded site, that uses hot-module swapping with the StealJS module loader. Let's break that down:
- Multi-page: listen to when the URL changes and show different content to the user.
- Progressively loaded: load only the JS and CSS required for a particular page.
- Hot-module swapping: when a file changes, the UI is automatically updated. No more reloading!
- Module loader: StealJS loads JS and other code like Webpack, RequireJS, and browserify. Module loaders help organize a project's scripts and build into minified scripts that load in production quickly.
We'll StealJS to:
- Set up a project from scratch.
- Install and import other packages from npm, including jQuery.
- Make and test a mini application.
- Create modules in the ES6 and CommonJS formats.
- Organize your modules using the modlet workflow - adding tests, docs, and demo pages.
- Build your application to production.
- Export modules to other formats and publish your module to NPM.
*Held at Code's NEW location: 3412 Blake Street. See you there!