Security with Node and Express: Tips and Best Practices
Speaker: CJ is an Instructor, Full Stack Developer, Hardware Tinkerer, Technologist and Security Hobbyist. He has a passion for sharing knowledge and writing clean self documenting code.
Talk: Security with Node and Express - Tips and Best Practices
In the age of all things connected, web application security should be front of mind for every web developer. This talk will discuss common problems in web security with live examples. We'll then show how those problems can be mitigated in Node and Express.
Topics we will cover:
• Mitigate common attacks by setting security related headers
• Protect against brute force authentication attacks
• Manage sessions using cookie best practices
• Mitigate CSRF attacks
• Validate Data to prevent XSS, SQL Injection and Command Injection
• Ensure secure transmission by testing SSL and HSTS
• Check NPM dependencies for known vulnerabilities
6:30pm: Pizza, beer, networking
Hope you all can make it out to this great talk. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out.